What is Softsilver Transformer?
Softsilver Transformer is a tool for converting structured text files, Excel spreadsheets and database tables into XML.
Since the first released in 2001 Transformer has evolved into a solution with plenty of features, without losing its underlying simplicity.
The tabbed interface takes you step-by-step through the process of:
- Selecting a data type
- Connecting/Opening the data source
- Selecting the columns you want to convert
- Defining filters to get the rows you want
- Defining the XML you want and mapping source columns
- Naming the XML file and setting output options such as encoding
- Delimited and fixed column text files
- Excel workbooks and Access tables
- Tables in almost any database (using ODBC)
- Filter and sort results
- Use lookup tables to replace and filter values
- Use SQL for more complex tasks
- Apply sophisticated formatting to text, numbers and dates
- Format text to preserve line breaks and paragraphs
- Define the XML layout using drag-and-drop
- Import an XSD (XML Schema Definition) or DTD (Document Type Definition) for a predefined XML schema, or load an example XML file.
- Group elements by source value
- Suppress duplicates and empty values
- Select any encoding available on the target computer
- Automatically apply an XSL transform to the XML produced
- Create a separate XML file for each source row or the value of a specific source column
- Save your transformations and reuse them
- Schedule conversions to run at particular times using a command line utility
- Integrate with web sites and applications using a COM component
Try it out for free
The best way to see if Transformer can solve your XML conversion problem is to try it and see for your self. The free download is fully functional and lasts for 30 days. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any help or advice on how to use it.